Designing Woven Fabrics by Janet Phillips
Designing Woven Fabrics describes and illustrates Janet's method of designing functional woven fabrics based on the 2/2 Twill weave structure. It addresses the questions that students most commonly ask of her:
- How do you design fabrics?
- Where do you get your ideas from?
- How do you choose colour combinations?
- What can I do with the yarn in my store cupboard?
The book, generously illustrated with over 200 colour photographs and over 100 weave diagrams is divided into three distinct parts.
- Part 1 covers the construction and weaving of a Multiple-sectioned Sample Blanket developing the 2/2 Twill weave structure. - View Sample Pages
- Part 2 describes the principal design criteria available, such as colour, yarn and sett, to enable a weave structure to be developed into an attractive cloth. - View Sample Pages
- Part 3 details 50 original designs using weaves from the Multiple-sectioned Sample Blanket and applying the design criteria to them. - View Sample Pages